You may ask a question by entering your question in the space provided, entering your name, email address and, and selecting submit. Submission of your question will be acknowledged by email sent to the email address provided.
The purpose of the website is to enable you to ask farmers about the Victorian agricultural industry and Victorian food production. Your question will not be answered if the VFF is of the view that your question:
- is not about the Victorian agricultural industry or Victorian food production;
- is offensive or likely to offend or uses inflammatory, obscene or otherwise inappropriate language or other content;
- is political in nature;
- consists of or contains advertising or promotional content;
- encourages or promotes any illegal, unsafe or inappropriate behaviour or conduct;
- contains or may contain defamatory content;
- is expressed as a statement, comment, is incomplete or unclear;
- consists of or contains political content;
- could only be answered with specialist technical knowledge which is not reasonably available to VFF; or
- requires an answer which involves the provision of advice of any kind.
You will not be notified if VFF decides not to answer your question for any of these reasons. Alternatively, VFF may decide to publish your question in a modified or edited form. No correspondence will be entered into regarding VFF’s decision not to answer your question or to publish your question in a modified or edited form.
If you ask a question that we have already answered, we will direct you to that answer on the website.
Questions will be answered by Victorian famers with the assistance of subject matter experts using the information available to them at the time of answering each question. Answers are provided on an ‘as is’ basis and you accept the risk of your use of or reliance on those answers. VFF provides no guarantees as to the correctness or completeness of any information contained in the answers and accepts no liability for your, or a third party’s, reliance on any answers given. Occasionally published answers may be updated, and any updates will be noted on the website. Answers will not be prepared with your specific circumstances in mind and may contain inadvertent errors or omissions. To the extent that any answer contains or consists of expert opinion, VFF does not represent that this is the only, or the only credible, expert opinion on the relevant subject matter.
VFF accepts no liability in respect of access to, or use of, the Open Gate Conversation section of the vff.org.au website or any answers provided on the website, except to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
You consent to VFF using, reproducing, publishing and communicating your question, in whole or in part, for any purpose in connection with VFF’s Open Gate Conversations campaign. Your name and details will not be used or reproduced along with any subsequent use of your question.
2. Use Licence
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Victorian Farmers Federation’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a licence, not a transfer of title, and under this licence you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Victorian Farmers Federation’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This licence shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Victorian Farmers Federation at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this licence, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Victorian Farmers Federation’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Victorian Farmers Federation makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Victorian Farmers Federation does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Victorian Farmers Federation or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Victorian Farmers Federation’s website, even if Victorian Farmers Federation or a Victorian Farmers Federation authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Victorian Farmers Federation’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Victorian Farmers Federation does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Victorian Farmers Federation may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Victorian Farmers Federation does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Victorian Farmers Federation has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Victorian Farmers Federation of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Victorian Farmers Federation may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of VIC and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.